Gearing Up for Virtual Poetry Out Loud (POL)
Time & Location
About the Event
- This will be an informal, panel discussion.
- Discussion will focus on local coordination, coaching and event hosting.
- This will be a brainstorming session and a sharing of ideas for how to make the most of a virtual POL season.
- The event is geared towards CalPoets' Poet-Teachers who will participate in POL, however anyone is welcome to attend.
- This is a free, virtual event hosted on Zoom.
- Registration is required so that you can be sent a login link.
- We will focus the discussion on your questions, concerns and ideas for a virtual Poetry Out Loud season.
Panelists will include:
Claire Blotter, California Poets in the Schools' Poet-Teacher and Poetry Out Loud coach in Marin
Fernando Salinas, California Poets in the Schools' Poet-Teacher and Poetry Out Loud Coordinator & Coach in Ventura
Brennan DeFrisco, California Poets in the Schools' Poet-Teacher and Poetry Out Loud Coordinator & Coach in San Francisco and Contra Costa (co-coordinator in Contra Costa)
Poetry out Loud is an initiative of the National Endowment for the Arts, administered statewide by the California Arts Council. This event is hosted by CalPoets. Panelists are CalPoets' Poet-Teachers who coordinate and/or coach Poetry Out Loud in different regions. They have ample experience in Poetry Out Loud in general and are gearing up for a virtual program.
Panelists will NOT be answering logistical questions regarding the technical specifics of the program including but not limited to: deadlines, materials, rules, etc. Please visit https://www.capoetryoutloud.org/ for more information on participating in Poetry Out Loud, as well as resources for your local area.
- Free Ticket$0$00$0
- Donation to CalPoets$10$100$0